- My name is Melanie Wain and I’m a professional freelance translator for both English and German with 12 years of experience in the translation industry.
- SkyWrite Translations is NOT a translation agency. You communicate directly with the person in charge of your translations and receive immediate feedback.
- My mother tongue is German but my command of the English language is at the level of a native speaker thanks to extensive studies and living in the UK for the past 9 years.
- I hold a university degree* in translation studies for the languages English, Spanish and German from the Ruprecht-Karls-Universität Heidelberg, one of the most prestigious universities in Germany, where I successfully graduated in 2006.
- I hold comprehensive knowledge in the medical field, gained at the Heidelberg University renowned for medicine, which I continually seek to extend.
- After graduating, I spent two years as a project manager and translator for a translation agency to gain first experience and have since worked as a freelance translator for a number of satisfied customers.
*German “Diplom” degree (now comparable to a Master’s degree)